Author Topic: RR77's unstarted resto  (Read 4602 times)

Offline retroresto77

• Trade Count: (0)
RR77's unstarted resto
« on: May 30, 2012, 06:48:11 AM »

Well i found one or i should say one found me.
A guy came over to pickup some ebay parts and after checking out my bikes tells me his uncle has one of those old little Honda's with the rubber knee pads on the tank, A CZ100 i say holding back as much excitment as possible. Like the one in this pic,, Thats the one..
I told him i would pay $5000 unseen and he informed me his uncle would sell the bike and would be happy for it to go to someone who will restore it.. He emailed me some pics and i changed my offer to $2500- $3000 but ended up agreeing on $3400, A bargain for me and a reasonable amount for them. The guy who was selling the bike on behalf of his uncle is a top bloke and has a few Zeds in various conditions. so i will be helping him out with his builds in the future in appreciation for him organising the deal.
I have been told his uncle used the bike as a daily comuter around Sydney many years ago and the bike has been in dry storage for  since it was retired, The missing parts will be forwarded to me by the owner when he retrieves them from his holliday house.
 The bike is or will be pretty complete and original with few mods if any, Only the ignition has been relocated to the top plate.
I didn't think i would ever find let alone afford a CZ100 so pretty chuffed to have scored one at a realistic price.
Plans are for a full resto to stock then put the bike on loan for display for people to enjoy...:D:D:D

Offline retroresto77

Re: RR77's unstarted resto
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 06:50:17 AM »

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:29:11 AM by retroresto77 »

Offline Richard Clark BS parts

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 07:18:09 PM »
DD

Great restoration project, I will enjoy watching it come along.....
You thought are pretty much like mine, I too was so happy to find a CZ here in the USA, that I could afford.

Wanted one since I was a little kid after seeing it in a book.

Thanks for posting all the photos, check out the GALLERY section as it is a great place to post photos for the long term

Richard Clark

Offline z50jai

• my son on the cz100
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 09:31:21 PM »
Need parts I got some good links for nice original and repo parts if needed.
Nice cz good base to start.
Monkey on, Monkey nuts!!!

Offline parva

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 01:57:16 AM »
I've never seen a ignition key behind the handle bar, it is the speedometer's place usualy i guess it has been modified, we still can see the ignition usual place.
++

Offline retroresto77

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »
Yeah, Previouse owner has relocated the ignition, The speedo is housed in the headlight bucket for this model.